There are millions of hazardous diseases in the world today and scientists have successfully found the cure for them too. But the most dangerous disease among them is still being taken lightly by most people because they think it’s not real and it’s just in the head of the people who are suffering from it. Yet most of the hospital beds are filled with the patients suffering from it. Few people are even dying from it. And that disease is called WORRY. Yes, how absurd it may sound but it’s a fact. It’s killing thousands of people every year as with any other diseases.
We have been told that humans are far the most intelligent animal and yet we are quite a failure when we have to deal with this. Let’s take grown men, women, kids, employees, etc. they all have one thing in common, WORRY. Father worries to earn the bread and butter, mother worries for the family, students worry about their grades. Businessmen worry to keep running the successful business…and so on.
DALE CARNEGIE is the pioneer of developing self-development courses by which thousands of people have taken benefit from it and changed their life constructively. Because, in order to achieve anything in life, we must have good mental health as much as physical health. DAL CARNEGIE’s book HOW STOP WORRYING AND START LIVING is a revolutionary book whose teachings are appropriate in today’s world. Here I am trying to give a summary of the book as much as possible.
LIVE IN A DAY TIGHT COMPARTMENT:
According to professional psychologists in the world, most patients can cure their disease on their own if they just learn to stop worrying. Most of the things we worry about are either have happened in the past. And some of them not even have happened yet, we are just worried about the things that might happen in the future. In both cases, no one can do anything about it. So, here the term LIVE IN THE DAY TIGHT COMPARTMENT can be useful where we must close the door for the thoughts which come to our mind. And also close the door for the thoughts of the future and work on the present only which is only in control.
WHAT WORRY MAY DO TO YOU.
Worry makes you tense and nervous and affects the gastric juices of your stomach from normal to abnormal and often leads to stomach ulcers. It may imbalance the body’s calcium level and may cause tooth decay and even arthritis. It gives you wrinkles. It may turn the hairs and in some cases, hairs may even fall out. It may clinch you with heart diseases, blood pressure. And in worst cases, It may kill you. It may happen to anyone from kids to grown-ups.
Those who do not learn to fight worry may die soon. A cheerful mental attitude helps the body fight diseases at any rate.
HOW TO ELIMINATE YOUR FIFTY PERCENT OF YOUR BUSINESS WORRIES:
Make a list of your tasks and finish them in order of their importance and urgency. Start with the one which is big and important and do other work after which is less important. When you face a problem in your business, solve it right then and there if you have the necessary facts to make the decision.
HOW TO CROWD WORRY OUT OF YOUR MIND:
Make yourself busy as much as possible in such a work where we mind needs to work and put its effort in order do the work. In this way, the mind won’t have enough time to think anything about anything else. Because the mind can focus on one thing at a time. With some practice, gradually you get rid of the worry habit. Have a purpose for each day you wake up to put you and your mind to work.
DON’T LET THE BITTLES GET YOU DOWN’
Stop worrying about the small things which you can simply ignore, despise, and forget because life is too short to worry over small things. Do not allow yourself to be worried about small things ever.
CO-OPERATE WITH THE INEVITABLE:
Circumstances do not make us happy or unhappy. It is the way we react to them that determines our feelings. As long as there is a chance that we can save the situation, let’s fight. But, many things happen in life which no one has control over. At such moments it would be just wise to accept the consequences and move on. Take whatever comes like a man. Carry on no matter what.
FEW IMPORTANT THINGS EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO:
- Decide which problem needs our attention and till when. And stop when you feel there is nothing you can do about it.
- Stop worrying over the things which have already happened because you can’t go back to the past and redo them.
- Our life is a result of thoughts we carry all day long so have good thoughts every moment of your life.
- Don’t try to get even to the people who do wrong to you, because if you do so your mind will be full of negative thoughts and you won’t be able to live worry-free because every time the person will come in front of you, you’ll toxic thoughts. So, forget and forgive.
- Don’t expect gratitude from anyone after you do something for them. Gratitude is a fruit of great cultivation and won’t find in amongst everyone.
- Don’t feel sad about the things you don’t have but be grateful for the things you do have. Count your blessings, not your troubles.
- Find something good in every situation and make the most of it.
- Be good to others and have only good thoughts for them.
- Don’t worry about the criticism done by the people if you know in your heart that you are right and whatever you are not going to harm anyone, because you’ll be criticized if you do something or if you don’t.
- Take enough rest.
- Find joy in whatever work you do. It will help you to fight boredom.
- Don’t worry about the lack of sleep. If you find it hard to sleep then do whatever like reading or do some work until you feel sleepy.
A MAGIC FORMULA FOR SOLVING WORRY PROBLEMS:
To solve the problems which we are worried about, we can use a few steps mentioned in the book with pen and paper are as follows:
- Analyze the situation fearlessly and honestly and figure out what is the worst that can happen as a result.
- After figuring it out, accept it fearlessly and be ready for it.
- Find multiple solutions for the problems to improve the situation in your favor and choose the best solution amongst them.
- Take the decision to carry out the solution without giving it a second thought and accept the outcome.
“I know the information is not sufficient enough. I strongly recommend you to read the book. I would love to know about your experience with the book. The way it has helped millions of people so will help you too”.